Silly Cone Filters

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 am

Well, one thing I have GilBut, is an open mind. Email sent for an order.

BCarnaval
Advanced Member

Post by BCarnaval » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:50 am

Thanks Gilbert.

BCa

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:08 am

BlueKnight wrote:Well, one thing I have GilBut, is an open mind. Email sent for an order.
Change of plans...The Master has something else in mind for me. Image

stew
Advanced Member

Post by stew » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Like what? Do tell.

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:47 am

stew wrote:Like what? Do tell.
I'm afraid to ask...But it will involve the reconfiguration of my BC6000.

admin
Advanced Member

Post by admin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:05 am

"I'm afraid to ask...But it will involve the reconfiguration of my BC6000."

Oh dear................

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 am

Oh gawd, what am I getting into? Even Al is afraid...! Better call victim services. Image

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:40 am

davei
Advanced Member

Post by davei » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:53 pm

admin wrote:"I'm afraid to ask...But it will involve the reconfiguration of my BC6000."

Oh dear................

I think you have nothing to worry about Mike, Al mentioned something about someone named Abby Normal....

No worries there!

dave

masluck
Advanced Member

BC6K + 6X PLC Thingee

Post by masluck » Sun May 08, 2011 10:30 am

OK, here goes...

I was searching A-gon about a week or so ago and saw that there was a BC 6X ABS based Thingee for sale. Seeing that Totemman gave the BC6000 w/ the 6X Thingee combo (same wall outlet) such a strong recommendation, I sprung at the chance to get one (thanks Kevin - you da man!!). As I have explained in the past, I have a BC6000 that has a 4 outlet PLC Thingee attached via a Neutrik powercon that GB built in when he upgraded my BC85.1 to BC6000 status, so I had an extra outlet on the BC6000. Instead of connecting at the wall, I inserted it in the back of the BC6000 and put on some tunes. Well, suffice it to say that the improvement wasn't subtle. Another veil had been lifted and I am a happy camper - better dynamics and wider soundstage is what I am hearing. The BC6000 is already a phenom in these circles, but it can be improved upon (even if you don't have a spare outlet on the unit) with the addition of one of these 6X or 12X PLCs. I recall Bob Neill saying that the BC6000 removes the tension from the music and just lets it flow. I cannot agree more, and for the investment, this is a stellar return. Thanks again to Kevin and BC for yet another cost effective way to enjoy your gear!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Finally we have wrote oooop sum wing on our web site so peed pol can read booot it.

http://www.bluecircle.com/index.php?page_id=10184

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 pm

We have made a video to demostrate the best way to use the Sillycone filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noc2OA-xWCM

This gives you ideas how to install them to get the best result. Also explain why the power cord on the filters is so short. The shorter the better.

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:45 am

Gilbert Y wrote:We have made a video to demostrate the best way to use the Sillycone filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noc2OA-xWCM

This gives you ideas how to install them to get the best result. Also explain why the power cord on the filters is so short. The shorter the better.
Great demo ...! And more scientific than the little experiment I did on my BC6000 way back in 2007, when I plugged in a power drill, hair dryer, vacuum cleaner etc... :shock:

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm a little late to the party, but I recently asked Gilbert if I could try some Silly Cone filters, so he sent me a couple of 6X pipes to test drive.

Feeding my 208s are two dedicated 20A circuits. I have been using PS Audio Harvesters on these circuits with good results. These little things do a decent job of improving clarity on my system, as well, allowing for a deeper and broader sound stage. I have some power line noise which seems to reoccur almost every day in the early evening. When this happens, the Harvester LEDs start flashing rapidly and when the power line noise is really bad, the Harvesters even start buzzing - yes it is annoying. I have yet to figure out what is the source of this noise. I have tried plugging in more Harvesters into the circuit, but it doesn't seem to make any appreciable difference other than having more of these gadgets buzzing away.

The first thing I noticed when I plugged the Silly Cone filters in the circuit is that the flashing/buzzing LEDs on the harvester dramatically decreased. Unplug the pipes and the Harvesters immediately light up. Gilbert's filters are obviously doing something to clean up the noise - cool.

Putting on some music, my very first impression was how relaxed and effortless my system sounded. The music didn't sound as loud, and at first, I was wondering if there was some loss of high frequency energy and air that I was getting with the Harvesters. After spending more time listening to music, I began to realize that it wasn't extension and air that I was missing, but instead, what was gone was distortion and an artificial leading edge and hardness that I was getting with the Harvesters, which sometimes can be mistaken for vibrancy and sparkle. Music sounded more natural and complete, gone was the grit. Images had greater density and what the Harvesters did with width and depth, the Silly Cone filters went even further. It's too bad it has taken me this long to buy into these sewer pipes. I have ordered two 18X filters and can't wait to see how much more refinement they will bring.

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:32 am

Welcome to the Silly Cone Party. As you'll find out, it is highly addictive. Nikki, if you don't have a BC6020, I would highly recommend test driving it. Having your amps plugged into it, along with your pair of 18Xs, I think you will really enjoy the combination. I think Gilbert's filtering is an unbelievable value (like all his products). While I have a lot of filtering (54X) plus MR1200 all attached to a custom BC6000, I am extremely happy. Seriously, everything becomes a lot more alive and refined the more you add. Let us know what you try and think.