Update: BC 6020, adding in the dac

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Sent my BC6000 for the +20 upgrade and received it the other day from Silly-Cone Central.FiRsT....I mean...First...(still inhaling too much silly-cone fumes)...I have to say that without the BC6000 in the see-dump,familiar songs sounded veiled and harsh.But one could argue that when friends were over they were still overly impressed by the BC sound.And no,I didn't serve them Boo Sirkul Kewl Ade.That being said,now with the BC6020 in the see-dump,these 3 songs made an initial impression on me.First,Patricia Barber's,"Ode to Billy-Joe" the finger snaps are the most realistic I've heard.You can actually hear the friction of the snaps between fingers.Paul Simon's,"Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes" Ladysmith Black Mambazo chorus is wide,deep and fills the room.Last but not least,close your eyes and listen to Janis Joplin's,"Summertime" and she's there in front of you.
....as Mr.Neill said....
"So...I just wanted to make it clear that the new 6020 has ALL of the 6000's ease plus more transpareny, more ambient information, more of everything good except drugs and sex. Rock and rool is included." 8) :arrow: