BC 3PLS

Chowder_head
Advanced Member

BC 3PLS

Post by Chowder_head » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:22 am

I've been reading up on this preamp and talking with Gilbert. I would appreciate any additional comments about how it sounds, as is, without upgrades.

Also, on a slightly different subject, I recall -- i think -- that someone (bjh?) long ago had Gilbert build them a 6SN7 BC 21.1. If I'm right and the poster is still around, how did that turn out?

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 pm

No not me, but I can comment on the difference between BC3000-II and BC3-II.

Not much, yes it's there and you would want it but the BC3 is so damn close it hardly matters.

The one you're looking at is the new entry model with everything in one box. My guess would be that it would be a step down from a BC3-II but might still be a killer.

Chowder_head
Advanced Member

Post by Chowder_head » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:17 pm

bjh wrote:No not me, but I can comment on the difference between BC3000-II and BC3-II.

Not much, yes it's there and you would want it but the BC3 is so damn close it hardly matters.

The one you're looking at is the new entry model with everything in one box. My guess would be that it would be a step down from a BC3-II but might still be a killer.
Thanks anyway.

According to Gilbert, "BC3 PLS has external power supply for flexibility when upgrade."

brwm05

Post by brwm05 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 pm

:D :D The BC 3 throws up a much larger soundstage higher and deeper then the 21.1 they are both terrific sound wise but in a larger listening room where the BC3 can strutt it's stuff a noticeable improvement :roll: :roll: