New "improved" Audiogon?

wstagner
Dealer

New "improved" Audiogon?

Post by wstagner » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Just curious if any dealers on this forum are still using Audiogon and if so what your thoughts are about the new website?

TIA,
Walt
TLP Audio<br>http://www.classicpumps.com/tlpmain.htm<br>Illinois Authorized Blue Circle Dealer

Raven
Dealer

Post by Raven » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:25 am

Well, let's see....

Since the 'upgrade', my account was hacked, my Paypal and Bank I had created for using Audiogon has regular hacking attempts every week, Audiogon temporarily 'lost' my access to funds I had in my account, uploading to post an ad almost always results in a system error on their end but otherwise I love the service (inset sarcasm here?)

If Canuck Audiomart works well in Canada why can't they start up an American version?

Oh, and the irony is that I get more responses from US customers through Canuck than Audiogon on the same listing anyway (I'm a Canadian based dealer)

wstagner
Dealer

Post by wstagner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:32 am

So far, you and I are the only ones advertising there I guess, so maybe that says something?
TLP Audio<br>http://www.classicpumps.com/tlpmain.htm<br>Illinois Authorized Blue Circle Dealer

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Although not a BC dealer, I can confidently state that the "new" Audiogon is not winning many friends. The pages are a disaster, both in layout and content. It's also got issues with it's Security Certificate (IE 9 coughs up warnings about this .. :roll: )
They really don't seem to be listening.. it's taking them an eternity to either resolve this, or outright decide it was a mistake. Many users have complained that they want the "old" site back. :shock:

As for Canuck Audio Mart in the US.. fear not.. rumour has it that they've registered a domain, and are working to get a site up and running.
I think they are working to ensure that some of the potential problems that CAM suffers with are either minimized, or outright eliminated. But I think it would be pretty cool to have a new site that seriously gives A-Gone some competition. I think its glory days may have passed.

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:55 am

The new AudiogoN is a mess.

Last time I tried to get in I had to do the password change (after forgetting). It went pretty well till the final screen where it complained about some data in my profiler ... BUT DIDN'T PROVIDE A MEANS TO CORRECT IT ... so I was dead in the water, no way forward! LOL

The goN debacle has spurred the owners at Audiophile Asylum to do a serious revamp of the classified section, now called AudioAsylumTrader, which is looking pretty good (and helped in one sale already). See:

http://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/index.html

KoryBaugus

gone from gon

Post by KoryBaugus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 pm

There is NOTHING I like about the new Audiogon format. The whole "upgrade" is total head-scratcher.

It has made selling anything a pain in the backside!