Quiet Power Cord and Quiet Module

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Quiet Power Cord and Quiet Module

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 pm

We have several people came into our room asking about humming and grawing transformer noise. We have refered them to try out our quiet power cord demo. We currently have two ugly and very ugly demo QPC ( Quiet Power Cord. The ugly is in a blue metal box with a BC62. The very ugly demo cord has an off the shelf 14 awg power cord and the QD (quiet device) is housed in 4" ABS double pipe cap.

So why am I talking about this. Because I want people to be aware those are demo cord only production aren't going to be look like that. The standard production is the FC Quiet Power Cord.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N ... 211272821/

It comes with a 6ft BC62. Retail is CAD650.00 for the medium duty version.

We are making one with just the QD in the pipe and a 12" BC62 pig tail with an IEC plug for the amp and on the other end, it has an IEC inlet so you can use your own power cord.

The price for that medium duty QD with pig tail is CAD475.00.

Medium duty is for solid-state Class AB amp up to 200watt per channel. It can be used with hybrid amp like BC204 without any over heat issue. Class AB tube amp can be up to around 50 watt per channel.

We make heavy duty version for bigger solid-state amp and bigger tube amp. Those SET big tube draws a lot of filament power. It usually needs a heavy duty version. Heavy duty version is additional CAD250.00 and up. We can build it in a longer pipe or in a metal chassis of your choice.

Back to the demo cords. Since both the ugly and very ugly demo cord are medium duty. Therefore it can be use on big ss amps and bigger tube amps for a short period of time for testing. Usually about 5 mins. In 5 mins, you should able to determine whether the QD will solve the transformer hum or not.

Also the very ugly uses only a off the shelf power cord, please be aware it may be sound as nice as those fancy aftermarket power cord that cost thousands of dollars.

I will post pictures when we have the QD with pig tail, a.k.a. Quiet Deivce Module or (I think) "QD with pig tail" sound more cute. :wink:

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:22 pm

The QD also can be switched on and off. When the power line doesn't causes the transformer to hum bypass the QD. When the transformer is humming, turn it on.

Sometime late at night the power is ok but during dinner time and in the after, it can be very bad.