power cord arrangement question

Clave
Advanced Member

power cord arrangement question

Post by Clave » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 pm

I have a quick question for the experts (both licensed and self-appointed). I have a BC68 Mk.I and BC 62 to for use with a BC3 and BC24. Which cord would you attach to which component? Everything is plugged into a BC606 power bar with a 6x filter.

Thanks.

--Matt

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi Matt,

I am not an expert, but will throw in my two cents:

I would use the BC 68 with your power amp, the BC 24, and the BC 62 with your preamp, the BC 3. I use the BC 68 MK2 with my amp, and it works very well.

In addition, I would place the BC 6X filter between the BC 68 and the BC 62. I also have the BC 6X and have noticed that it works best when it is placed closest to the components. I am sure you have noticed an increased level of refinement from your system with the 6X plugged into the BC606. Very nice combination.

With all that said, it is very possible that another combination will work even better for you and your system.

Good luck.

k-Dub

Post by k-Dub » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 pm

First - great set up! I had a similar set up for a few years... fond memories!

I would say, noise in, noise out - so I would place the BC68 on the preamp! and keep that as quiet as possible. The BC24 has a beefy power supply/filtering on its own, use the BC62 there... I think you'll have the biggest dynamic contrast (from ppp to FFF) and quietest set up that way.

BUT Try it both ways - I dig on this kind of listening, tweaking the set up just so... This is where your ears, your taste, your room... makes it sound best to you! Have fun and enjoy it :)