BC 91/92 Speaker Cables

larboy

BC 91/92 Speaker Cables

Post by larboy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:54 am

Looking to get some feedback about either BC 91 or BC 92 speaker cables. I have been using the Nordost flatline gold series for the last ten years. Prefer a neutral sounding cable that allows the flavour of the equipment to come through. Speakers are Harbeth P3ESR's and am currently awaiting a DAR hybrid integrated amp. Obviously, its a pretty good midrange oriented system that I am running. Are these cables a good match? The 8' ft length would be more than satisfactory. Rest of system is a Systemdek 111 t/t with Sumiko arm/w TT Weights tonearm kit and Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD player with Nordost Interconnects. Cartridridge is Dynavector 10x5 MC going thru Fon Lo Thingee w/Biggie Pipe. Any input would be appreciated, Tks

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Although I can't speak for your cables in your system and I find Harbeth to be too "soft" sounding(for my taste),I have heard BC92's with a DAR and Totem Model One Sig's in an all BC cable line-up and have no problem recommending the BC 92's.I would also recommend any of BC's cables.After all,my system is cabled by BC.... :D 8) :arrow:
...btw...BC cables will present a natural sound opposed to a neutral sound to any system.. 8) :arrow:
Last edited by Ha Boi Egg on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ERM
Advanced Member

Cables

Post by ERM » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm

I can't comment on your Nordost, but have owned Totem, Harmonic Tech and Audience cables to name a few. I have been using BC92 for the last 4 years or so. Used them with Totem 1 & Mani 2, Mirage OM7. I have settled down and currently using BC92 with a DAR + Oskar Aulos and another system with BC21.1 + BC32 + Oskar Kithara. Also would recommend and am using their interconnects and power cables.

Jo
Advanced Member

Post by Jo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi, larboy,

I use Black Cat Neo-Morpheus speaker and interconnect cables, but my system now is not the same as it was when I had BC92 or Nordost Baldur.

I have a Blue Circle headamp/DAC combo, which acts also as a preamp/DAC to an old cheap tube amp that I recently bought.

I mostly listen to the headphones, although, even this way, I've been listening less music than I would like..

Anyway, when I use the tube amp, I have no complain related to the Black Cat interconnect and speaker cables.

They're able to give detail, impact and musicality and also go from bass to treble very well. It really seems that they perform above their price range.

I used the speaker cable at a friend's system for 2 or 3 hours and they didn't show obvious "flaws" compared to his Nordost Red Dawn.

I think they sound natural, different than what I remember from Nordost Baldur, which presents some "strange" aspects, something like a "distortion" in timbre, don't know how to explain.

Nordost Baldur, although "strange", was, for my taste, more detailed, clear and fast than BC92.

Before BC92 I used to have Audioquest Type 4, which is terrible. The BC cable is much better than it.

That's also a reason because of which I can think you could also consider the Black Cat Neo-Morpheus, which is, according to the information I was able to find, value-oriented.

But, I must say these cables are not with me for more than 2 or 3 months. So there isn't that much I can say.

Cheers,

Jo