The awesome NSL

Attilio
Advanced Member

The awesome NSL

Post by Attilio » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Happy New Year all! I had the good fortune of living with the NSL and NSLjr amps for the past two months and thought I

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:45 pm

It's intoxicating isn't it?

Attilio
Advanced Member

Post by Attilio » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:02 am

It certainly is.

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Are you becoming a lucky new owner?

bobneill
Advanced Member

NSL

Post by bobneill » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:07 pm

It is fascinating how, perhaps for the first time for many of us, more accurate and more realistic becomes better. We have lived with various degrees and kinds of coloration for years, fearing the coolness and/or edginess of supposed neutrality. We were right to do so because almost no one has built a truly transparent amplifier so far. But Gilbert has...and it does sound better.

I'm reassured to see it there was period of adjustment. We have colorations in our heads we need to get rid of, and that takes time.

Bluecirclerookie
Advanced Member

Post by Bluecirclerookie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 am

Reading this makes me even more anxious to get my headphone amp/dac thats based on this special NSL..gilbert hopefully has it up and running end of this week he told me..the amp have had some delays as he came up with some new ideas he wanted to experiment on...i wonder what those could be.. in the process making my amp he kept on coming up with improvements for my little (if compared to the majestic NSL) amp.
To be honest I think he is only builder(brand) i know of who does that..trying to improve the amp for his customer while building it..
a bit oftopic..but I do have a little in-process pic i received last month from him if anyone of u are interested (for anyone wondering: the power supply is external, in a BCG 3.1 enclosure, thats why u wont find it inside the case)

Good reading by the way..ru going to buy the NSL??? :D
Life without music is a life without beauty.