Power supply for Plasma TV

tarichar

Power supply for Plasma TV

Post by tarichar » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:49 am

Gilbert,

I have 3 plasma TV's hanging on my wall and I lose power a few times a week but only lasts about 2-5 seconds. I've lost 3 subwoofers this year due to my power constantly fluctuating. I've put my stereo system on a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) and this has fixed all my woes. The UPS I've looked at for my plasmas are big and weigh too much(over 10 lbs).

Can you build a power cord or a small wall mounted device with outlets on it and with capacitors that can hold a charge for about 10-15 seconds that would allow my TV's to not lose power.

thanks,
troy

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Troy

What you are looking for is "ac" power not "DC" power. Capacitors can only hold charge for "DC" power which "locate" after the power supply transformer and rectifier(s). To answer your question directly, no, we cannot make a capacitor bank to solve your problem. The only way to solve you problem is the UPS.

Just yesterday the battery in my 350 watt UPS which I use in my bedroom, to solve the exact same problem you have, pooped out. Instead of buying a new battery, I hook up to a 115Ah deep cycle battery. It works just as good and it will last much longer

tarichar

Thanks.

Post by tarichar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:02 pm

Thanks Gilbert.

troy