Oh dear.

bobneill
Advanced Member

Oh dear.

Post by bobneill » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:56 pm

I didn't mean to bring the Forum to a screeching quiet. Maybe I should just get an NSL, Jr. and make some more noise. Or someone else should make some noise to break this embarrassing silence. I wonder what the audible/significant difference is between the senior and junior. GY says the former is a bit fuller, etc. But someone needs to hear that and say something more helpful. Surely it's not the 3 watts into 8 ohms for $3500 that's meaningful. Something ELSE is going on. Who's heard 'em both? There I made some noise so now somebody else has to.

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Re: Oh dear.

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:17 pm

8) :arrow:

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

There is one person on this forum beside me who has heard the both the NSL Sr. and Jr. I will let him read this thread and decide to talk aboooot it.

Attilio
Advanced Member

Post by Attilio » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:54 am

I spent some time with both NSL models and would agree with Gilbert that the bigger brother has a slightly fuller presentation. A little more flesh on the bone. Unfortunately, I didn

bobneill
Advanced Member

Trying to Right the Balance

Post by bobneill » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:51 pm

Listening to a new recording of Benjamin Britten's Cello Suites (Jamie Walton, Signum CD), warming up my BC3000II GZpz & BC204KQ on JMR Offrande Supreme, V2's for a guest next week, I am reminded that in our enthusiasm for GY's new SS electronics we musn't (I musn't) forget the old BC hybrids, as I said in the other thread. On this hybrid rig (Amperexes in the 3000, Telefunkens in the 204) we are in large, resonant venue (actually, it's the concert hall at Snape Maltings in Suffolk, England); the the cello and concert hall are one. NSL, Junior, speaking of the one I know at first hand, would lift the cello free a bit from its surroundings, which can be exciting. But what I'm listening to now is bringing out the stubborn romantic in me, who, I see, refuses to die. Is the BC3000/204 rig darkening the cello a bit? Or giving its natural darkness a chance to have its full say? Only the recording engineer knows. What do you think, Attilio? Who used to own a 204...

Attilio
Advanced Member

Post by Attilio » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:28 pm

I think you should send me those Offrande Supreme V2