GBC Series of Power Supplies

Bluecirclerookie
Advanced Member

Post by Bluecirclerookie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:15 pm

and how about a powersupply for a asus (i7 cpu) windows laptop? what do u advice? the 100 also?
Life without music is a life without beauty.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Bluecirclerookie wrote:and how about a powersupply for a asus (i7 cpu) windows laptop? what do u advice? the 100 also?
I still have your laptop power supply info with me. Just need some time to figure out what to do. Since laptop draws a lot more current than the standard GBC can supply, it will have to design differently. Though, we can still apply GBC technology into laptop power supply, the construction method is going to be different. At 6 amp, most likely it will have to be in a metal chassis. I will send you some info in the next few days.

Bluecirclerookie
Advanced Member

Post by Bluecirclerookie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:03 pm

Gilbert Y wrote:
Bluecirclerookie wrote:and how about a powersupply for a asus (i7 cpu) windows laptop? what do u advice? the 100 also?
I still have your laptop power supply info with me. Just need some time to figure out what to do. Since laptop draws a lot more current than the standard GBC can supply, it will have to design differently. Though, we can still apply GBC technology into laptop power supply, the construction method is going to be different. At 6 amp, most likely it will have to be in a metal chassis. I will send you some info in the next few days.
Thanks!!!

I was just curious...as always..lolz

But U know me by now a bit, am all patient..

so,take ur time...i am not in hurry anyway..just think it over thoroughly, just As u did with my amp. am sure u will come up with something ..well..i dont know with what if it concerns u, as ur pieces of art can go weird, simple or classy...but am sure it will be capable to do what it is designed for...

So my friend..take ur time..dont wanna hurry u...oh well..i know that wouldn't work anyway..u always take the time thats needed..not a second faster or slower...and if someone pushes u to much...well...we all know what happens then...hehehehehe

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:45 am

Bluecirclerookie wrote:
Gilbert Y wrote:
Thanks!!!

so,take ur time...i am not in hurry anyway..just think it over thoroughly, just As u did with my amp. am sure u will come up with something ..well..i dont know with what if it concerns u, as ur pieces of art can go weird, simple or classy...but am sure it will be capable to do what it is designed for...

So my friend..take ur time..dont wanna hurry u...oh well..i know that wouldn't work anyway..u always take the time thats needed..not a second faster or slower...and if someone pushes u to much...well...we all know what happens then...hehehehehe
I am current building a prototype laptop power supply so we can bring it to Axpona. This one is 18V to 19.5V 4 amp. I think we can do it in a ABS pipe. Anything higher current may be a pushing our luck in term of heat dissipation. It needs bigger heatsink for high current after a certain point, we have to do it in metal chassis.

Bluecirclerookie
Advanced Member

Post by Bluecirclerookie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Gilbert Y wrote:
Bluecirclerookie wrote:
Gilbert Y wrote:
Thanks!!!

I am current building a prototype laptop power supply so we can bring it to Axpona. This one is 18V to 19.5V 4 amp. I think we can do it in a ABS pipe. Anything higher current may be a pushing our luck in term of heat dissipation. It needs bigger heatsink for high current after a certain point, we have to do it in metal chassis.
My headphone rig is already looking like a lego puzzle with all the different BC pieces in it..and now another one for the power supply? OMG... I need to buy myself new rack space (or new rack!) if its going to be in a metal (ventilated) case also... Why did i ask u..oh why??? Hehehehe

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Bluecirclerookie wrote:
Gilbert Y wrote:
Bluecirclerookie wrote:
Gilbert Y wrote:
Thanks!!!

My headphone rig is already looking like a lego puzzle with all the different BC pieces in it..and now another one for the power supply? OMG... I need to buy myself new rack space (or new rack!) if its going to be in a metal (ventilated) case also... Why did i ask u..oh why??? Hehehehe
Well...... I have finished the prototype GBC Laptop power supply this afternoon. If I am a marketing guy, I would say: "I am please to say out new GBC Laptop power supply has born." But since I am one of those boring type, I just say I just silicone everything together and tested. It works really well and better than I thought. The only thing is if the power supply require more than 2 amp, it must be in a metal chassis with vent holes. It's ok in a ABS pipe if it require 2 amp or less. It run too warm to be comfortable in ABS if it draws more than 2 amp.

I know I know, someone will tell me those wall wart run darn hot. I say that's why they are cheap and burn out all the time. If I have to make something, I want to make sure it works for a long time. Of course, it's electronics and it breaks once in a while but I still have the right do it the overkill way. It cost more but worth it.

So blue circle rockie, I am working on your power supply quote now and will have number for you tomorrow or a day after. It will probably be in the same chassis as your headphone power supply. May be just as heavy too. :) :D :wink:

Bluecirclerookie
Advanced Member

Post by Bluecirclerookie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Blue circle ROCKIE...sounds cool! ....does that mean i made promotion from rookie to rockie? :D

And it will be as heavy as my power supply? Ru nuts? Am already having nightmares when i will move to my new home in oktober about carying all that heavy stuff!! As no one else is allowed to carry it...
And Same case? So i will have a gemini looking set (lookswise) in my rig? Damn...need to find some new rack space...as its a shame to put such a case on the floor...dust is deadly on the floor...and will enter through the ventilation holes..so best it to pair it next to the case of my heavy!!! Powersupply :shock:

Ps..a bit oftopic..my 'PaG' review (on that other forum) already passed the 2100hits mark already. On top of that its been moved into the summit-fi section by one of its moderators..yeah!!!! Ur products deserve that..summit fi.. As they are the best of best for the money they cost :D