TPX120 Balanced Power Conditioner

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:46 pm

splityew wrote:Hi Gilbert

Does this conditioner have any kind of break in period?
Yes, it does. Approx 50 to 100 hours.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Bluecirclerookie wrote:Hey Gilbert,
While i anxiously and patiently am waiting for my two bc62 powercables i am going to ask u a very dangerous question (for my wallet..lolz):

Would this conditioner improve my system even more, with all the conditioning stuff i have from u already?
Thanks for answering my friend

Ps...last night something happened to my amp... All of a sudden it sounded as if a window/door opened up! The soundstage got much larger! And the placement of the intruments/singers got more 3d! I think even an almost deaf person would recognize the difference..and me thinking my 'PaG' was burned in yet
:D am still puzzling how this can be..i have this amp since febr. And have been using it for at least 3hrs a day, it should have been burned in yet..right?
I heard an NSL needs huge amount of time to burn in, but my amp is a micro version of that miracle of an amp although based on it....

And the sillycone is still sweating..i opened the powersupply to clean the cover many times now....so i think i need some spare screws soon, as that cant be good for the screws..can u pls include some when u sent of the cables? Thanks!... Ur the best!

But the amp sounds sooooo sweet and powerful! This is one of the best buying choices i ever made!!!
Power cords are done but I am not going to the USA until late July or early August.

3 hours a day isn't much, the amount of capacitors inside your PAG it may take about 500 or more hours to break in.

Will include spare screws with the power cords.

Bluecirclerookie
Advanced Member

Post by Bluecirclerookie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:07 pm

About the cables..take ur time..am not in hurry...as long i get them :-)

500hrs? Damn!!!!!!

..well i just calculated i only need some 100hrs more...if the amp improves even more then i maybe made the buy of my life, as i cant imagine the sound getting even more REAL.. Its almost scary sometimes how real the music sounds now already, and this is only a headphone amp!!! I can only imagine how special his fullsize 'brother', the NSL, has to sound like :-)

Thanks in advance for the screws my friend, by the way..

But my question stays....does this balanced conditioner make my system sound even better?

:D
Life without music is a life without beauty.

splityew

Post by splityew » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Took delivery of a TPX 120 today and right off the bat with no break-in whatsoever I'm extremely pleased with what it's doing.

Overall the sound is more relaxed, which could imply something has been taken away but not at all, vocals jump out of the speakers, the bottom end is more foot-tapping inducing and the harsh top end that can afflict CD recordings is less of a distraction. I think by relaxed I mean more musically satisfying to listen to.

It's plugged into a BC6000si and I've hooked up my BC507 DAC and CD player to it. And,thanks to the two extra inputs I can also hook up my cable box and BluRay.

A big thanks Gilbert this little gadget offers a tremendous bang for your buck. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like after 100 hours

splityew

Post by splityew » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:46 pm

It's been about 3 weeks and the TPX120 should be broken in by now, so I just thought I would add a couple of things that I have noticed above and beyond the general improvement in SQ.

Firstly, vocals really stand out and have more presence, and secondly, stringed instruments (including pianos) have a greater clarity so that you really get a sense of how they are being played.