A BC1022 integrated?

bobneill
Advanced Member

A BC1022 integrated?

Post by bobneill » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 am

What would an integrated amp based on a BC1022 sound like? Clearer and more present than an FtTH2 -- but not quite as

ERM
Advanced Member

Post by ERM » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Isn't the new CS2 halfway there already? Since it has the preamp from the FtTH2, perhaps the BC1022 in the power side of things? One option of keeping the costs down.

Has anyone been able to compare the CS2 to the DAR?

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:13 pm

ERM wrote:Isn't the new CS2 halfway there already? Since it has the preamp from the FtTH2, perhaps the BC1022 in the power side of things? One option of keeping the costs down.

Has anyone been able to compare the CS2 to the DAR?
ERM

I have discussed this with Bob. From what we have decided and from a techincal point of view, this new integrated isn't even close to what the CS2 is. I have got an official order from Bob to build this integrated amp. All I need is time to build one. That is after I have done all the other orders already on hand.

Frihed89

Post by Frihed89 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 pm

ERM

I have discussed this with Bob. From what we have decided and from a techincal point of view, this new integrated isn't even close to what the CS2 is. I have got an official order from Bob to build this integrated amp. All I need is time to build one. That is after I have done all the other orders already on hand.[/quote]

Good luck with that. Although I have not heard the BC1022, t sounds like it is already somewhat engaging and may not need the hint of tubes. If i were Bob, i'd go for the low-low impedance of an all SS preamp and let the amp shine through.

Frihed89, formerly known as the Artist, Chowderhead (with a new computer and internet provider).