RPD-15 DC Offset Blocker

garyj
Advanced Member

RPD-15 DC Offset Blocker

Post by garyj » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi. can we get some info on this? how does it fit in -- plug into a conditioner? thanks
gary

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: RPD-15 DC Offset Blocker

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:52 pm

garyj wrote:Hi. can we get some info on this? how does it fit in -- plug into a conditioner? thanks
I should have know we need some info on the web site before sending out the newsletter. Hold all your horses, I am taking pictures tomorrow and will put on flickr. Then we will put info on web site the next day or so. We have already wrote something up.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:05 am

Pictures of the RPD15. Please keep in mind the one has a round I/O switch is the demo unit so we can bypass the internal circuit to demo the effectiveness of the unit. The production unit does not have the round switch

https://www.flickr.com/search/?w=17843311@N00&q=RPD15

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: RPD-15 DC Offset Blocker

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:32 am

garyj wrote:Hi. can we get some info on this? how does it fit in -- plug into a conditioner? thanks
Sol Lay garyi, I didn't answer your question. Here is the write up

http://www.bluecircle.com/page152a.html

And a simple explaination is this RPD15 is not a conditioner and it is not designed to be plugged into a conditioner. It is designed to be used in line if the transformer(s) in a power amp buzz or gowl caused by DC offset from the powerline. It works like the Quiet Device we made. The advantage of this RPD15 over the older Quiet Device is it can handle 15 amp of current and doesn't cost more, plus in this smallish package. Take a look qat the write up and see if this answer your question better.

tarichar

DC ofset

Post by tarichar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:09 am

Can we use the RPD15 filter between the wall outlet and the conditioner that feeds our system or should it be used separately on the amplifer that's buzzing. Also, I have a quiet filter. Does it work better than the quiet filter because my QF reduced the buzzing by 90% but I can still hear a slight buzz thru my speakers sometimes.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: DC ofset

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:31 pm

tarichar wrote:Can we use the RPD15 filter between the wall outlet and the conditioner that feeds our system or should it be used separately on the amplifer that's buzzing. Also, I have a quiet filter. Does it work better than the quiet filter because my QF reduced the buzzing by 90% but I can still hear a slight buzz thru my speakers sometimes.
It is best to use this RPD15 between the conditioner and amplifier ac inlet and not before the conditioner. Because the RPD15 is designed to kill the noise of the transformer and if the conditioner doesn't have transformer or any other transformer in the system that buzz, it is best to leave them separate from the buzzing transformer.

Do you have one of our Quiet Filter? It does the same thing but it is physically bigger. Both the Quiet Filter and RPD15 reduce the mechanical buzz and growl from the transformer. The buzz coming through the speakers are different kind of noise caused by other means.

tarichar

Yes, I still have a QF.

Post by tarichar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:13 pm

It was the only thing that worked to reduce the buzzing.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: Yes, I still have a QF.

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:31 pm

tarichar wrote:It was the only thing that worked to reduce the buzzing.
If the Quite Filter work 90% to reduce the buzz, may be put a RPD15 in series with the Quite Filter will cut down further on the buzz. If you have a dealer you have been dealing with, ask them and see if they have a demo unit for you to try.

ERM
Advanced Member

It works!!

Post by ERM » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:24 pm

I had a electric hum/buzz from my BC32 from the amp itself (not through the speakers). Not super loud, but it was there. After talking to Gilbert at Taves, I purchased the blocker and works perfectly. No more hum/buzz.

I tried first by plugging the RPD15 into the BC6000, than the amp and the noise was reduced 90+%. Plugging it directly into the wall (dedicated line), I now have zero noise.

Well done Gilbert and thank you.

Ed

ERM
Advanced Member

It works!!

Post by ERM » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:25 pm

I had a electric hum/buzz from my BC32 from the amp itself (not through the speakers). Not super loud, but it was there. After talking to Gilbert at Taves, I purchased the blocker and works perfectly. No more hum/buzz.

I tried first by plugging the RPD15 into the BC6000, than the amp and the noise was reduced 90+%. Plugging it directly into the wall (dedicated line), I now have zero noise.

Well done Gilbert and thank you.

Ed :D