Being a Dealer

bobneill
Advanced Member

Being a Dealer

Post by bobneill » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:32 am

If I'm an alien, why ain't I rich? As I dealer, I'm a joke. Won't sell anything i don't like. Stupid way to run a business. I could get rich selling Audio Note cable, for example...made a bundle doing that for a while...

And no, the Krell didn't cause the divorce, the marriage long outlived it. And truth is, it was a very good amp, I think the best amp Krell ever made, just as the little 50 watt Plinius (left that off the chronology) was the best amp Plinius ever made. A BC 3 in front of a KSA50S or SA50 made a very nice sounding rig. It took a BC2 to change that game.

I wonder what a BC2 would sound like now? Or a BC2000, which I never got to hear? Our BC2 was the only amp my wife (current) ever noticed the sound of.

bobneill
Advanced Member

P.S.

Post by bobneill » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:58 pm

This was obviously supposed to be in the Tubes thread below. Sorry.

Clave
Advanced Member

Post by Clave » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Where is it written that aliens have to be rich? I suspect you lead a richer life, psychologically and emotionally speaking, for being a scrupulous businessman. I, for one, enjoy your strong opinions and candor. Beats vagueness any day of the week.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:59 pm

I think just last week at TAVES I told someone when I started Blue Circle more than 22 years ago my first preamp has four wood knobs on polish stainless steel faceplate and one of the local distributor laughed at me and told me I would never sell that combo.

The rest is history as they call it.

My point is stick to what you know is right no matter how wrong other tells you. Nobody can change my point of view of many things and I won't bother to change others.

bobneill
Advanced Member

22 years ago...

Post by bobneill » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:14 pm

If that was the BC 3 Despina, that was my first Blue Circle piece. The guy who introduced me to Blue Circle, Clark Johnsen, still has his, I believe.