FX2 with F0e

jtwrace
Advanced Member

FX2 with F0e

Post by jtwrace » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:42 pm

I saw these at RMAF and just didn't make it back to talk more with Gilbert. What frequency range do these filter? I ask as I already have some filtering (P.I. Audio Uberbuss) and wonder if these would actually add anything.

I've posted an inquiry on AudioCircle as well since I'm the facilitator in that circle but thought I'd ask here as the master resides here. :D

AC Post http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?to ... 376008#new[/url]

Raven
Dealer

Post by Raven » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Thanks for sharing the link.

Rather a shame that the the conversation deteriorated so quickly in that thread but the inter webs are the inter webs. ;-)

Yes, a very small number of units have been buzzing. We do know it's an outside influence and not a quality issue. I have a customer who has taken the time to map out the level of buzz and he noted it definitely has a pattern throughout the day that repeats itself on a daily basis. In fact it stops buzzing for periods of time. He heard what the FX2 X0e does for his system. He won't return the unit until we get him a new unit with an upgrade we are fairly certain will stop the buzz. The first upgrade unit is shipping to him tomorrow.

Blue Circle is working on understanding what the source is for this particular anomaly.

A few facts that can counter the speculation on the Audio Circle thread:

1. The cause is not poor workmanship/soldering. We know this due to the variability of the problem. Gilbert personally inspects and tests every PLC before he immerses the insert with silicone.

2. Capacitors or similar electronic components can buzz. In fact they all buzz. You just don't hear most of it.

3. The design might seem simple to someone who has read about this product online however I can assure you not all is what it appears to the folks posting on the thread.

In the end Blue Circle does not want a product that creates unwanted noise. No argument here. I would ask the audio world to let Gilbert continue his analysis and just like every blip in the history of Blue Circle development a root cause will be found for this issue and a solution will be developed.

In the meantime 100% of the FX2 X0e's are functioning properly (if you don't count the extra added buzzing) and delivering the filtration unrivalled at it's price point. A handful are buzzing. It's due to a signal in a small number of power lines. They are working on the solution.

Ren

jtwrace
Advanced Member

Post by jtwrace » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Thank you for the reply. I'll be curious to know when the buzzing issue is indeed found and corrected.

Give the price point of these what are the main differences between them and the metal chassis units? What is the performance of them compared? Obviously one will be greater but how much greater? Where are they most useful?

wstagner
Dealer

Post by wstagner » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 am

I second what Rene says.

TLP Audio is prepared to deal with "buzzing" Xoe units as we encounter them.

Since the cause of the mechanical noise is external to the Xoe we can't know in advance whether there will be an issue or not.

We have sold a large number of units, since their introduction, and not a single unit has demonstrated ANY audible issue in our office.

We did sell a unit to a customer at Axpona 2014 who had the issue and at that time the only solution we could offer him was a refund.

Now we can offer him, or any other customer with a "special" powerline, an Xoe unit that works as advertised.
TLP Audio<br>http://www.classicpumps.com/tlpmain.htm<br>Illinois Authorized Blue Circle Dealer

Clave
Advanced Member

Post by Clave » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Strangely, I experienced buzzing with my XOe plug-in for the first time tonight. The thing must have been reading this thread and gotten ideas. It only lasted a couple minutes, though. I'd be curious to know any hypotheses about what causes this. I live in the NYC area, so plenty of crud in the power lines.

jtwrace
Advanced Member

Post by jtwrace » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:03 pm

[quote="Clave"]Strangely, I experienced buzzing with my XOe plug-in for the first time tonight. The thing must have been reading this thread and gotten ideas. It only lasted a couple minutes, though. I'd be curious to know any hypotheses about what causes this. I live in the NYC area, so plenty of crud in the power lines.
[/quote]

What was the outcome of this?

Clave
Advanced Member

Post by Clave » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:55 pm

It only happened once. The helpful folks at Blue Circle told me Gilbert was working on a modified version of the XOe that might be immune to the problem, but since the problem didn't reoccur, I didn't follow up.