Puck Yeah!!!!!!

masluck
Advanced Member

Puck Yeah!!!!!!

Post by masluck » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:16 am

Good Morning BC Nation,

Well, I took the plunge - I ordered one of those 100 clam PLC Pucks from Walt at TLP (always a pleasure dealing with Walt, BTW!!) and I let it charge cell phones and run my back room dehumidifier for 24 hrs - not very long to be honest. When I was thinking about ordering one, I said where the heck will I put it?? I have a fair amount of BC PLC stuff already (BC6000 Xe1/+20, MR1200/800's and many BC68MKII conditioned power cords, and even a Xe0 on my Simaudio transport). I read on Walt's advertisement to put it in front of the PLC you may be using. Okay, that sounded reasonable, so in it went in front of the BC6000 and the myriad of PLC's chained off of it. I did some lite listening while working yesterday, ran the TV with da wife last night, and this morning I put in Stanley Clarke's new CD "Up" and holy smokes..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: this can't be. It was the ONLY thing I changed (aside from powering down the rig to insert it, of course). The system appears to have more drive, air, bass response...I could go an on. Look if you already have a BC PLC like me - GET THIS PUCK!! I may be having an adjustment period...but an adjustment to WHAT? I know where the bodies are buried with my system, but this is friggin nuts!!!! WAAAAAAY Recommended!!! YMMV, but for a hun??? GilBut, you just plain rock dude!!!

Mark

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Yup... I've got a couple of the new PUCKS in house, and so far, I'm darned impressed.
Even my rig with the BC6000 got a bit of bump ... which has now prompted me to arrange for the X0e upgrade to it !

I've also noticed that TV's seem to benefit as well, the panels seem "cleaner" in picture quality.

So far, I'm totally in agreement with Mark, they are one of the best ways to get a noticeable bump for a hun, with no downside apparent. 8)