BC 2K Series Amps

masluck
Advanced Member

Thanks!

Post by masluck » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:46 am

Thanks Gil But and Rene,

Regarding whether AAD Reference 7's need 2000 watts; it's not about the wattage (sure, gobs and gobs of power), but BC amps have always offered more refinement as you went up the line and to quote Gil But ("we don't sell watts"...). If I was to part with my highly customized/regarded BC26-NST-M2-LOC-mini KQ amp (close kin to a 206-NSP like amp, according to our fearless leader), it would be for a pretty major leap in performance and I would probably go the monoblock route because it would allow me more placement flexibility and I always wanted a pair. Man's gotta have dreams ya know... :D :D :D :D

Mark

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:31 am

If you really want monoblock, consider the BC 2K2sh or BC 2K4sh. 2k2sh is bridgeable to 400 watts into 8 ohms and 2K4sh bridgeable to 1,000 watt into 8 ohms. The non "sh" version bridge to the same wattage but I suggest the "sh" because I know you love that 6SN7.

breadman

saving

Post by breadman » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:57 am

i am getting closer to my goal of getting blue circle amplification later this year. i have my goals set on mono blocks to power my 15" tannoy hpd's. gilbert said to consider bc 2k2sh or 4sh for mono. according to the price list though, purchasing two 2k2sh is the same price as a pair of 2k8sh mono blocks. is there going to be mono block pricing for each step in the d range of amplifiers or am i missing something obvious?
thanks,
paul