Raspberry Pi 2 with Moode 2.2

Jo
Advanced Member

Raspberry Pi 2 with Moode 2.2

Post by Jo » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi, everybody,

Passing by just to let you know that for the last month I've been experiencing the best transport Inhave ever had in my system: Raspberry Pi 2 with Moode Player 2.2.

Must say that the great performance just came out when I connected the Pi 2 to a powerbank, instead of its cheap wallwart power supply. Also, instead of an external powered external hard drive, I'm using a USB powered one.

Making things clearer: with cheap wallwart power supplies (Pi 2 and external HD), performance is good. Not ordinary, but no more than good, with some favor.

But it's absolutely impressive with a powerbank feeding Pi 2 and the external HD through one of its USB ports.

I've been simply listening to old prefered albums as they were completely new. Not just because I can hear details that I didn't know that were there, but because the whole presentation is presented in such a different way, so sutil and so enormous at the same time.

Terrific!

Before this set I was using an old MacBook white with Audirvana as transport.

Cheers,

Jo

Jo
Advanced Member

Post by Jo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:01 am

Next step is gonna be a bigger external HD - which makes things easier - with its own battery power supply, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-20000mAh ... 280418cb2c

Hey, guys, this set is so cheap! It is worth a try! I know it is hard to believe it can work so well, but it is not much money to take the risk,

I really would like to hear your impressions.

Cheers,

Jo