Brand New From Blue Circle - Seriously!!!

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:02 pm

Okay...

As you may know from my previous "Brand New From Blue Circle" post, I've been playing with a BC202 in my system for a period of time, just so I can get a feel for how it compares to the other amps in the Blue Circle line. I won't bother you with the details, other than to say that the Stereo Times review is very accurate, and this is a very nice amp indeed.

What will be more interesting to most of you on the forum is what I have been running the BC202 through, which is a pair of BC825 SPEAKERS. Yes, speakers! Keep in mind these are prototypes for the moment, but make no mistake, they will be coming to market in the not too distant future. Here is a picture of the port:

/Users/georgetaylor/Desktop/IMG_0700.jpg

The speaker is a three way floorstander with a front port. This is the woofer:

/Users/georgetaylor/Desktop/IMG_0702.jpg

This is the tweeter:

/Users/georgetaylor/Desktop/IMG_0703.jpg

I tried to take a picture of the midrange driver, but it shrieked in horror, claiming that it was not photogenic, and would I please wait until it was properly dressed. Reluctantly, I agreed.

To be brief, this speaker is well worth a listen. The driver integration is immaculate, the imaging is exceptional, and the speaker disappears in the room like a very well designed monitor. They will work for sure in a wide variety of rooms, and will provide very solid low end without overloading. It is very hard to hear the box, which is what bugs me about most conventional speakers (that's why I run panels).

Had these things been available when I moved to my new house two years ago, I would have undoubtedly bought a pair. They are not quite as good as my CLS/Kinergetics combo, but I would have saved over $15K US, and still been VERY content. To speak diplomatically, similiarly priced products from a number of companies (Focus Audio, Wilson Benesch, Aerial Acoustics, Verity Audio) are going to have stiff competition From the BC825. You can probably guess what I am thinking undiplomatically.

My understanding is that the intention is to create a line of speakers, including at least one smaller model, and one bigger model, though it remains to be seen how many models there will be in the end. Presently, these are the only ones, and they are a damn fine effort.

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:06 pm

Stupid computers! Here are the pictures again. Apparently drag and drop has its limitations in the forum. Oh well...

Port, woofer, and tweeter in that order.

Port: <hr>Image

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:08 pm

Woofer: <hr>Image

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:10 pm

And tweeter: <hr>Image

Sugarbrie
Dealer

Post by Sugarbrie » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:51 pm

What about the speakers that are to be made inside a pair of leather boots for Mary Lou's music pump system?? :)

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:19 pm

I'm sworn to secrecy on those. Sssssh! These ones everyone can know about. Besides, not everybody has a Mary Lou setup.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:10 pm

I have to check my record to see whether eso has sworn to secrecy on this BC825. Cause' I thought we are going to tell the world when we manage to dress up the midrange and not before. <_<

But since the secret is oooot, I will claim I don't know nut wing until I know more abooot it. :unsure: :blink:

davei
Advanced Member

Post by davei » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:25 pm

?? :ph34r:
i guess i know less nut wing, and what about mary lou?
?? :ph34r:

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:01 pm

No, I was not sworn to secrecy on the BC825. Remember; "Silence is golden", thus silence has intrinsic monetary value. I don't remember being paid for silence...or maybe it is better put this way: U lo pai lo munlay, so u lo gett lo si len cee.

Understand?

Stop griping or I'll show them the naked midrange and tell them abvout the D'Appolito configuration.

Oops.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:35 pm

I have took the speed kar back to Innerkip to night. After I have put a couple layers of my boo boo paint on, I will take some pictures and put it up here and/or etc page. ;)

Can't log in

Post by Can't log in » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:32 am

3-way. I'm disappointed. Al, can't BC make a nice mini ?

admin
Advanced Member

Post by admin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:26 pm

Can't log in:

For all you know this might be the mini. Wait 'till you see the full range model. :)

....is that you chowderhead??

aw

PhilNYC
Dealer

Post by PhilNYC » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:12 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the picture of the "port" looks like it is sealed. What does a sealed port do?
NY/NJ Metro Blue Circle Dealer
Sonic Spirits Inc.
www.sonicspirits.com

admin
Advanced Member

Post by admin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:09 pm

Phil:

It's not sealed. The pic just makes it look that way.

aw

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:57 pm

Yo, P-Dog and A-Why, are you homies dissin' up my photography? Give me my props or I'll get all stupid up here....