AG-GzPz Update !

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:07 pm

After speaking at length with Gilbert about the "GzPz" update for the BC3000 pre-amp, and how some of that indulgence might be put to use on the AG3000 he approached me with an update that would bring the AG's already excellent power supply to within spitting distance of the GzPz supply, and all this magic would still only need the one external power supply chassis that is standard on the AG3000 !! So, off my AG3000 went to visit "the Dr." and come back like a hardcore addict after spending a month at rehab !! ok.. a bit of excess on that last statement.. <_<

So, how does it sound ... in a word YEEEEE- HAAWWWW !! :D Bass is deliciously taught and extended, something it was before, but now it seems to have a real sense of body behind the notes. Midrange and imaging - always and AG strength - is further refined, again defining the real sense of body and solidity to images within the space. Highs ?? SWEEEET ! extension without grain and glare and a true sense of effortless extension way up top.

Also added into the mix are that hard to pin down "just feels right" quality that the AG3000 seems to embody so completely, well, if it's possible, it "feels" even better ! I know it's often hard to explain something that seems rather intangible, but for whatever reason the update brings a true sense of completeness to the AG. The sense of pace, ebb and flow of the music now seem completely free to express themselves. Pretty freakin neat if you ask me ! :o

The update is well worth it and the reference AG3KzPz is still the top dog !! :P

bish
Advanced Member

Post by bish » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:12 pm

Excellent.. & Congratz.

I suspected it was just a matter of time before one of the aficionados out there would inspire such a project :D

From a design perspective I'm impressed that GY & company were able to avoid splitting the left & right stages to separate enclosures. Heavens knows the current model is already chock full of caps.

Thanks for sharing your update. Seems to be a significant refinement of an existing top-shelf performer.

Cheers - Bish

PhilNYC
Dealer

Post by PhilNYC » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:16 pm

DD...any comments on burning-in the GZpz? I'm going to be upgrading my BC3 Galatea mkII to a BC3000mkII GZpz....
NY/NJ Metro Blue Circle Dealer
Sonic Spirits Inc.
www.sonicspirits.com

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:11 pm

Welll the AG3KzPz has had a couple of weeks of full run in time and is only getting BETTER ! :o
In particular the mids are really something in terms of the subtle nuances that are being revealed when the music is really "dense" with stuff going on.
The highs have also seemed to open up and crystalize a bit more.
Bass is taught and deep.. it's got mojo baby ! :P

Phil.. all I have to say is DO THE DEED !! get the update.. you won't look back ! the BC3000mk2 GzPz is about as far ahead of the BC3Galatea as a Porsche 911Turbo is a Nun on a scooter ! :blink: :lol:

PhilNYC
Dealer

Post by PhilNYC » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:04 am

DD...yep! The order has been placed, and my GZpz is underway. Am really looking forward to it!
NY/NJ Metro Blue Circle Dealer
Sonic Spirits Inc.
www.sonicspirits.com