Thinking about the unthinkable - selling my CS :o

Nick
Advanced Member

Post by Nick » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:10 pm

I tried to delete this post at the original posters request but it seems that the first post in a thread is locked in place. So, move on ... nothing happening here. :)

aw

Nick
Advanced Member

Post by Nick » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:30 pm

I should also add, the reason I am selling my CS is to buy a scooter.
Yes, a scooter, don't laugh! Don't think I can't hear you! :) :o

I want cheap, eco-friendly transportation. I am a green nut!

If I can't sell my amp for a good price, I might look at getting some small monitors and try and set them up in my room. Any ideas as to what would be good? I am on a tight budget now. If I could afford to keep the CS and buy a scooter I would. So, they would need to be under $1000 with stands.

Gilbert any plans to make a small monitor?
I would be happy to beta test. :)
My system is quite good (other than the no speaker part)
As much as I love my headphones, nothing replaces good speakers.

Cheers,
Nick

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:30 pm

Nick,

A couple of suggestions for speakers, the PSB Alpha can be had new for between $200 & $300 (Gilbert or Double D correct me if I am wrong on the numbers), or you could try to find a pair of Energy C3 monitors (less than $500), or these Energy Veritas 2.1:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl? ... 1146093445

$499 US, been on Audiogon almost a month, so make an offer? The Veritas 2.1 is an awesome little speaker and would sound excellent with your CS.

If you are truly a green nut, buy a bicycle ;)

Nick
Advanced Member

Post by Nick » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:08 am

Thanks eso,

I am so back and forth about selling the amp and buying speakers.
One of the big problems is, I was to hear all the textures and layers to the music.
I can't believe what I am hearing on my headphone system. I don't think I can, or ever want to go back to less than what I am hearing now. Nor do I want to. Problem is, this sort of quality with speakers comes at a price, possible more than I can afford.

I don't need it to be super loud, I just want quality. Not even my maggies can sound as good as my current headphones (Senn 600's) with a good headphone amp and my CEC/Wadia feeding it.

I am sure you are getting the type of sound I want with your CLS's. Any speaker that you can recommend that will do it on a smaller scale? I don't need tons of volume only moderate levels. 80-85db (90 peaks) in a smaller room.

I would love to hear what everyone would recommend for speakers here? How much do I have to spend to get this sort of quality? I am think a bookshelf. Or maybe a Quad 57. Could a CS drive a quad 57 and do justice to it?

I do have a bike by the way. I ride it often, I just want a scooter for longer and faster commutes. I want to get an old Vespa with 4-speeds that can go 90-100kph (with a few upgrades). You should see me freak at my friends for not recycling. My friends think I am nuts.

Cheers,
Nick

Nick
Advanced Member

Post by Nick » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:32 pm

The more I think about it the more I don't want to part with the CS.

So instead, let me consider more the option of speakers,
Any recommendations for what I want?
Is it even possible?

Cheers,
Nick

Nick
Advanced Member

Post by Nick » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:09 pm

Thanks Al,

I will stat a new thread.