Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register | Blue Circle )

ID fraud on Audiogon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: ID fraud on Audiogon Reply with quote

And the account involved was me. Kmac29 is me on Audiogon. Go take a lookie and see what "me" is selling. None of them are mine, of course. I have contacted Audiogon to report someone has heck into my account and using my feedback to sell chit. Will see what happen.

This is the first time I have experienced ID fraud first hand. Kewl. Smile Very Happy

Oh, the lastest feedback in 2010 wasn't mine either. That was someone sold stuff from my account and actually use my name. As far as I can remember, I didn't sell any speaker in 2010. I am asking Audiogon to verify that speaker sale if that was mine or not.
BlueKnight
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They forgot to mention 'gun addict'.... Laughing

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fb.pl?user=Kmac29&&&&
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the scamer has sold a Krell Evo 202 preamp yesterday too. This only started on the 13rd of this month. I have sent Audiugon four e-mails and no reply so far. I wonder do they even care.

I have post a message to warn people not to buy the Linn chit from Kmac29. I want to just close the account but can't find a way to do it and Audiogon probably want to charge me all the transaction fee too. Good luck on their part.
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueKnight wrote:
They forgot to mention 'gun addict'.... Laughing

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fb.pl?user=Kmac29&&&&

Hey, there is a different between Gun Addict and Shooting Addict. You can figure oooot what I am. Wink Rolling Eyes

I try to shoot from the shoulder and not from the waist. Although I admit shooting from the waist require less skill and not brainless fun. You can actually breath and scream while shooting. Not when shooting from the shoulder. Laughing Smile Very Happy
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After further digging around, I have found a way to cancel the account. Kmac29 no longer exist. One less thing for me to worry about. Now wait and see if Audiogon come and try to collect what the scamer has rack up for fees. That would be interesting.

Since 5 hours pass and nobody seem to care about looking into it, I don't think I care after I close the account. When I sent them an e-mail, they were quick to point out they have a new ticket system so I have to submit my request through their web site. You know how these ticket system work. Treat everyone like a number. Oh, is that what ticket mean, I wonder. Wink Rolling Eyes
nikki
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that Agon has ever been about customer service, but I would think they are pretty swamped these days with people bitching about how their new website does not work.

I can still see your account and it looks active?
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a reply today.

JAN 19, 2012 | 09:52PM EST
Audiogon Support 1 replied: Hi Gilbert,We're very sorry about your account problems. Sadly, we had to shut down account kmac29 due to the fraud as it looks like the account was hacked. We would ask you to please create a new account and we're sorry about any inconvenience this might have caused you.Audiogon Support

I fing I have already closed the account 2 days ago myself. Laughing Smile Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.bluecirlce.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: