Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register | Blue Circle )

Powerline filters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikki
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Powerline filters Reply with quote

Here is my stupid question of the day.

My daughter is doing a school project on household power consumption so she is asking me about everything that is plugged into the wall. These power filters like the Sillicon 6x, 12x, PSA Harvester, etc ... do they consume much energy when plugged into the wall?
BlueKnight
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a stupid question at all! Unless there's an active circuit on board, there should be zero consumption ( Aside from the pretty blue LED light.)

I believe, the X filters are passive devices just like a power bar. But I wont bet a pension check on it because with Gilbert, you never know what kind of secret ingredients he uses.
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple question but the answer can be short for people who are not trying to learn the truth. Long and very whiny for those who are trying to learn the truth. If it is for a high school school project, Boo Lite is goot enough.

Because in order to understand it completely, they have to at least have some background about power factor, phase angle of each thing which plug into the wall and the combination of all of these equipment plug into the wall at the same time. Because sometime, turning a piece of equipment and not the other can draw more current (according to the meter) than having both pieces of equipment turn on at the same time.

Ok, that's whiny enough for now. Confused Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.bluecirlce.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: