Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register | Blue Circle )

My mind is blown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.bluecirlce.com Forum Index -> Blue Circle & Audio related Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clave
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: My mind is blown Reply with quote

I bought the purple clad BC509 that Masluck was selling on behalf of Dave Iaria. Sounds like he'd be glad to know it's being put to good use in a BC-centric system. Anyway, I was expecting good things from the DAC because every time I plug a Blue Circle thing or thingee into my system everything suddenly sounds much better. But I was caught off guard by just how much music this thing makes. It also produces a music in the room with you quality that people generally expect from analogue. I'm using it with a Rega Saturn as transport and a Squeezebox. The Saturn sounded quite good on its own, but the difference with the BC509 is dramatic. And the Squeezebox is now fully listenable, though I have a very non-audiophile computer audio setup.

My mind was almost equally blown when I added a 6x Sillycone filter a few months ago. I love the whole stealth hi fi thing with the PVC pipe.

Has anyone experimented with different digital cables (coax) on the BC509? Right now I am using something very basic.
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clave

Are you sure you have got a BC509? A little square box? Because I know Dave has a BC501ob-LOC, a two chassis big DAC.
Clave
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a 509. One square box. Chassis is purple. I believe he was using it in a second system.
masluck
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: BC509 Reply with quote

Geez Gil But,

I hope so (that it was the BC509 that Dave Cook sent him), or I have some explaining to do to the estate... Shocked

Mark

P.S. I love my BC509 too!!!
masluck
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Digital Cable for BC509 Reply with quote

Hi Clave,

I know we have a least 2 BC99.5's for sale from Dave's estate. I think one is XLR and the other RCA. Send me a PM if interested. I personally use an Antipodes Khokiri RCA for the SPDIF connection between my Oppo BDP-83 and the BC509. A very nice, yet expensive cable. Others on the forum have highly praised the BC99.5 cable in the past. I should grab one and audition it. Very Happy

Mark
Jeddy
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use BC99.5 cables and they were the best most accurate of three types I tried.
VERY underrated cables!
GILbert should push his cables more...
Jeddy
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing...
I find BC gear very revealing with cables in general!
You can really hear the differences
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All lite. I know the BC501ob LOC is still available because a BC fan sent me an e-mail to ask about it tonight.

Jeddy: You know what it takes to push cable? Hype, hype and more hype. I don't have the personality to hype most thing. I get tire and turn off really fast if any salesman try to sell me something and hype the crap out of it. The more they hype and push, the more I push back and tell them to take a hike. So........ I can't and won't able to do it myself to anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.bluecirlce.com Forum Index -> Blue Circle & Audio related Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: