Welcome Guest ( Log in | Register | Blue Circle )

Got my GZpz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.bluecirlce.com Forum Index -> Blue Circle & Audio related Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjh
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I know how to get back some of the cash I dished out for my BC gear ...

First thing in the morning I'm off to the thrift shop to get some speed kars and sell my PSB Stratus Gold-i ... besides, I can't shake the qeasy feeling that comes over me looking at them these days ... like I swear Dave Bowman is going to float into my living room ... yuck!, hardly matters that they sound so damn good) ...

hmmmm .... those great big ones in the No Density boxes with huge cardboard woof-woofs should be cheap, really cool that are, specially like the way ya can see right inside the boxes since there's no silly rubber stuff round the big woof-woof cones.

Yeeeee Haaaaa ... David Wilson you don't have a clue!

Very Happy Razz Very Happy
admin
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not wise to poke fun at the G person. He is always watching and he reads lips. Take a close look at that piece of BC hardware and be careful...be very careful.
bjh
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my my, I put my foot in it now. Eyes staring at me, Dave Bowman floating around ... I guess my entire musical experience will be limited to a few choice Bowie numbers from now on!

And to think I could have avoided all this, it was all just barely hidden from conscience, I was *that close* to connected the dots (I mean circles).
PhilNYC
Dealer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I finally put the Focus FS-888 into the system. Don't know how many hours of playing time I have on this thing now, but it has not been turned off since receiving.

Since I moved into this house two years ago, I have always had a bass issue...the room has openings into large spaces, so I've always had a bit of a suckout problem. Well, I can now say "no more"...I now have *thundering* bass! Not boomy or thumpy bass. Just really powerful, accurate bass that can move the room when the volume is up.

Honestly, this is really surprising, and it shatters some ideas that I had about some things in audio...I had previously thought that for me to achieve this kind of bass performance with these speakers, I would need to get an amp with higher power/current-delivery. Now, I can't really identify why I'm able to get this sound just by upgrading the preamp's power supply.

As I said earlier in this thread, I believe I'm getting the best sound I've ever gotten out of my system with this setup...and as the GzPZ breaks in, it just keeps getting better.... Very Happy
Double D
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil ... You should NEVER question the DARK SIDE of the FORCE ! :ph34r:

Glad you're finally connecting with what the GzPz supply does for the 3000 Razz

Trust me.. it only gets better ! B) wait until it becomes a true hologram generator... you're gonna cry like a little girl... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Double D
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of "Dark Side".... Surprised Very Happy Laughing :ph34r:
PhilNYC
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double D wrote:
Phil ... You should NEVER question the DARK SIDE of the FORCE ! :ph34r:

Glad you're finally connecting with what the GzPz supply does for the 3000 Razz

Trust me.. it only gets better ! B) wait until it becomes a true hologram generator... you're gonna cry like a little girl... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I never question the dark side! Razz I thought the majority of my issues were room-acoustics related (and they are). Was just surprised at how big a leap this upgrade took, since I thought the pre-upgrade preamp was already so good... B)

And uh...is that what you do (cry like a little girl) when you get great sound? I am wondering about your taste in music... :ph34r: :blink:
Double D
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<_< Phil.... when I used the phrase "cry like a little girl" I was referring to those brief fleeting moments when the MUSIC touches you in such a way as to evoke an emotional involvement with the performance.
THAT's when a system is really "working", and goes beyond merely being a collection of wires and widgets.
Wink
PhilNYC
Dealer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double D wrote:
<_< Phil.... when I used the phrase "cry like a little girl" I was referring to those brief fleeting moments when the MUSIC touches you in such a way as to evoke an emotional involvement with the performance.

Eh...that's why I was wondering about your taste in music... Wink

Gitch yer mota RUH-Nin....! Very Happy Laughing B)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.bluecirlce.com Forum Index -> Blue Circle & Audio related Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: